Here is a healthy protein loaded breakfast to get you going. Sweet potato are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and a much healthier option vs regular potatoes. The eggs are loaded with protein and good fats but you need to used eggs from free range chickens. Free range chickens are ones which eat what chickens have for eternity – seeds, grubs, etc. not corn and soy meal.
1 – Large sweet potato diced into 1/2″ cubes
1 – bell pepper diced
1 – medium white onion diced
2 – Tbs coconut oil
4 – Free range eggs
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Red pepper powder or flakes to add a little heat.
- Heat a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet to medium
- Add sweet potatoes along with one Tbs of coconut oil – Cook string occasionally for 3 minutes
- Add bell peppers and onions with remainder of coconut oil. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender.
- add optional ingredients as desired.
- Reduce heat an smooth the hash across the bottom of the skillet
- Carefully crack the eggs onto of the hash. Cover and let cook until egg whites are set and yolk is done to desired doneness.
- Scoop out with a large spatula and enjoy