Billions of dollars are spent every year on facial procedures, lotions, potions, surgery, and more – All for younger more youthful glowing skin. If you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on your face, you want to make that investment last. Here is what you can do:
- Stay out of the sun. A beautify suntan is great, but the damage it does isn’t. Use sunscreen and go for an bronzing loation.
- Eat healthy – Your skin is a direct reflection of your inner health. The better your diet, the better your skin. So go for organic food, lots of fruits and vegetables, grass fed or wild caught lean meats. If you live on Junk food your skin will reflect that.
- Take high quality supplements – No matter how good your diet you can’t get all the nutrients you need all the time. It has been calculated that to eat a diet that provide all the nutrients you need in levels that have been shown to have therapeutic benefit you’d have to consume 22,000 calories every day.
- Don’t smoke – We all can recognize that 60 year old smoker with the deep wrinkles and dry skin. If you have never smoked, great. If you do, stop ASAP.
- Drink lots of water – Your body is primarily water. If you want the best skin, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Best if it is reverse osmosis filtered, or bottled water.
- Exercise – Everyone knows that excise is good for your health and it is just as good for your skin.
- Use gentle skin care – There are thousands of skin care lines with as many claims, but most are preserved with paragons and formaldehyde releasing agents. Others may be “Natural” but some of those natural essential oils are also drying and irritating to your skin.